User Demo Workshops
Few User demo Workshops would be organized in Bhopal and Indore , 23rd - 27th April. Objectives & agenda below.
- What we intend to achieve
Make people aware of using Indian languages on computers & how to use it under Linux. Identify potential volunteers who can take it much further and deeper at their local levels. Train a set of people who can them help out others get going at local level.
- Why we are doing this
Creating awareness about using Hindi on computers. Show users what they can do and how.
- Target audience
Users who use Hindi on computers as part of workarea, writing & general etc. Hindi departments, Hindi speakers, NGOs into ICT activities, schools having computers & hindi medium studying students, general computer users.
- PCs for demo - Configuration etc.
- Hall/Room for venue
- Publicity material
- Banner ,posters
- What is GNU/Linux/Free Opensource, About Indlinux and Hindi linux, Rangoli doc.
- CDs to give/sell
- Rangoli live CD
- Ubuntu Install + Live CD
- Indic + FOSS tools CD.
- About free & opensource - mukt & muft.
- Linux for users
- IndLinux project
- Hindi on computers
- using Hindi on Linux.
- Linux live CD - Knoppix / Ubuntu
- Installing Linux - Fedora/Ubuntu/Knoppix
- Using Hindi on Linux - setting up & testing
- Hindi in different applications
- Creating documents, sending email, making a Hindi webpage.